1. MINUTES of previous meeting.
2. PERMITS (Projects over $500,000 with no objections and
with staff recommendation for approval).
MEETING FOR CONSULTATION WITH, OR BRIEFING BY COUNSEL.
5. COTTAGE LINE CIVIC LEAGUE, #13-1899-D, NICHOLAS VANDERGRIFT, #13-1809-D, JUDITH SWYSTUN ET AL., #13-1808-D, CATHERINE McCOY, #13-1803-D, CATHERINE McCOY, #13-1804-D, THOMAS AND THELMA DRAKE, #13-1799-D. Commission review on appeal by 52 freeholders of the June 11, 2014, decision by the Norfolk Wetlands Board to approve the above-referenced applications in modified form with special conditions, to include excavating sand from the dune as proposed or to a minimum height of 14 feet, and relocating the excavated sand channelward of the existing dune face along the Ocean View shoreline adjacent to the Chesapeake Bay. Request for postponement. Continued from the July 22 and September 23, 2014, Commission meetings.
6. ISLE OF WIGHT COUNTY, #14-1236, requests authorization to construct a 15-foot wide pedestrian/bicycle bridge over approximately 210 linear feet of Jones Creek, a tributary to the Pagan River in Isle of Wight County. The bridge structure is associated with a proposed 10-foot wide shared-use trail from the Town of Smithfield to the Carrollton Nike Park. The application is protested by adjacent property owners. Tabled from the December 9, 2014, Commission meeting.
7. PUBLIC HEARING: To set-aside, not to be leased, approximately 805 acres of unassigned State bottom in Cobb Bay adjacent to and south of Public Ground #13, and approximately 963 acres in South Bay adjacent to and east of Public Ground #30, in Northampton County. The areas are identified as suitable for Submerged Aquatic Vegetation (SAV) growth and restoration.
8. REQUEST FOR PUBLIC HEARING: Removal of a portion of Additional Clam Grounds as previously set aside by the Commission in 1930, within the Ware River, in response to an application to lease oyster planting ground.
9. PLAINS MARKETING, LP, request for adoption of a resolution to approve the execution of permanent easements and right-of-ways for 3.694 acres of submerged land in the York River as authorized by Chapter 368 of the 2014 Acts of Assembly.
10. PUBLIC COMMENT.
11. REPEAT OFFENDERS.
12. FAILURE TO REPORT: Cases involving failure to report commercial harvests, in accordance with Chapter 4 VAC 20-610-10 et seq., "Pertaining to Commercial Fishing and Mandatory Harvest Reporting."
13. PUBLIC HEARING: Proposed adoption of the 2015 commercial black sea bass quota as part of Chapter 4 VAC 20-950-10 et seq. “Pertaining to Black Sea Bass”.
14. REQUEST FOR EMERGENCY AMENDMENTS: Proposed emergency amendments to Chapter 4 VAC 20-450-10 et seq. “Pertaining to the Taking of Bluefish’, to establish the 2015 commercial bluefish quota.
15. RECOMMENDATION OF THE RECREATIONAL FISHING ADVISORY BOARD: Results and recommendations from the review of the King and Queen County Proposal for a Recreational Pier.
16. DISCUSSION: Proposed amendments to Chapter 4 VAC 20-610-10 et seq., “Pertaining to Commercial Fishing and Mandatory Harvest Reporting”, that establish requirements of authorized blue crab fishery agents.
17. DISCUSSION: Proposed amendments to Chapter 4 VAC 20-270-10 et seq., “Pertaining to Crabbing”, that limit the use of fish pots by active crab pot or peeler pot fishermen.
PAGE 2 ITEMS
2A. BAE SYSTEMS. #14-1716, requests authorization to install eight (8) new 6.5-inch diameter sub-surface cables across approximately 440 linear feet of State-owned submerged bottom to increase the power supply to the Titan Drydock at Pier 1 adjacent to their facility at 750 West Berkley Avenue situated on the Southern Branch of the Elizabeth River in Norfolk.
PAGE 3 ITEMS
3A. STINGRAY POINT BOAT WORKS, LLC, #14-1398, requests after-the-fact
authorization to retain 170 square feet of newly constructed replacement pier and a
15-foot long, vinyl sheet-pile wave screen, and authorization to install a 24-foot long by 14-foot wide floating dock and associated gangway at commercial property on Broad Creek at 19047 General Puller Highway in Deltaville, Middlesex County. The applicant and contractor, Haywood Marine, have each agreed to pay a civil charge of $2,000.00 in lieu of further enforcement action. Staff recommends approval and acceptance of the aforementioned civil charges and the payment of a triple permit fee of $75.00.
VMRC DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE AGAINST INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES; THEREFORE, IF YOU ARE IN NEED OF REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS DUE TO A DISABILITY, PLEASE ADVISE JANE MCCROSKEY (757-247-2215) NO LATER THAN FIVE WORK DAYS PRIOR TO THE MEETING DATE AND IDENTIFY YOUR NEEDS.
FISHERY MANAGEMENT ITEMS WILL IMMEDIATELY FOLLOW THE HABITAT MANAGEMENT PROJECTS ON THIS AGENDA.