1. MINUTES of previous meeting.
over $500,000 with no objections and with staff recommendation for approval).
4. CLOSED MEETING FOR CONSULTATION WITH, OR BRIEFING BY COUNSEL.
5. JOSEPH BELL, #12-1705, requests authorization to construct a second, non-commercial open-sided boathouse at his property (116 Cove Drive) situated along Goose Creek in York County.
The project is protested.
6. GRANT ANCARROW, #11-0533, requests a permit modification for after-the-fact authorization to retain a wooden stairway, an upstairs room, two overlook platforms, and additional upstairs flooring that was constructed on a previously permitted, partially sided, non-commercial boathouse adjacent to his property located at 1 Haile Road situated along Piscataway Creek in Essex County.
7. HELEN BIRCH, #12-1183, requests after-the-fact authorization to retain six (6) support piles that were installed to stabilize two (2) existing permitted concrete breakwaters adjacent to her property along Chincoteague Channel at 3708 Main Street in the Town of Chincoteague.
8. PUBLIC COMMENT.
9. MR. RICKY LEE ZIPP, NOTICE TO COMPLY: Mr. Ricky Lee Zipp has failed to remove a 1971 Bristol Sloop sail boat #VA 6418 AU that is resting on state bottom after being notified to do so. This situation is being pursued by MPO J. A. Copperthite of the Law Enforcement Division.
10. DISCUSSION: A Review of Law Enforcement assets and response to oyster poaching.
11. PUBLIC HEARING: To consider two proposals to utilize the Marine Fishing Improvement Fund: the Virginia Marine Products Board Proposal for Continuing to Test Market Chesapeake (Cownose) Ray, and, the Virginia Institute of Marine Science Proposal to determine male cownose ray movement after mating in the Chesapeake Bay.
12. PUBLIC HEARING: Proposed adoption of emergency amendments to Chapter 4VAC20-950-10 et seq. "Pertaining to Black Sea Bass", to lower the recreational black sea bass fishery possession limit of 25 fish to 15 fish, through the end of February 2013, in order to comply with the interstate fishery management plan requirements for black sea bass.
13. PUBLIC HEARING: Proposed amendments to Chapter 4VAC20-620-10 et seq., "Pertaining to Summer Flounder", to establish the 2013 recreational fishery management measures; and to consider an industry request to increase the current landing limit of 10,000 pounds, from the commercial summer flounder fishery outside of Virginia, to 12,500 pounds, per 15-day landing period, effective the first Monday in March.
14. PUBLIC HEARING: Proposed amendments to Chapter 4VAC20-530-10 et seq., "Pertaining to American Shad" to consider the establishment of a limited permitting system, for the American shad bycatch allowance fishery, to comply with interstate management plan requirements and to assign fishing permits in a fair and equitable manner.
15. PUBLIC HEARING: Proposed amendments to Chapter 4VAC20-270-10 et seq., "Pertaining to Crabbing" to define barrel limits that correspond with previously establish bushel limits for the upcoming 2013 crab pot season that begins March 16, 2013; and, to consider establishing per trip vessel limits for the crab harvest. Proposed amendments to Chapter 4VAC20-610-10 et seq., "Pertaining to Commercial Fishing and Mandatory Harvest Reporting" to consider options to limit the use of agents in the crab pot and peeler pot fisheries.
16. FAILURE TO REPORT: Cases involving failure to report commercial harvests, in accordance with Chapter 4VAC20-610-10 et seq., "Pertaining to Commercial Fishing and Mandatory Harvest Reporting."
17. REQUEST FOR PUBLIC HEARING: Request to establish regulations pertaining to Atlantic menhaden, to comply with requirements established by HB2254/SB1291 and Amendment 2 to the Atlantic States Marine Fisheries Commission's Interstate Fishery Management Plan for Atlantic Menhaden.
PAGE 2 ITEMS (Projects over $500,000 with no objections and with staff recommendation for approval).
2A. CITY OF NORFOLK, #12-1623,
requests authorization to replace a derelict timber groin at Sarah Constant Beach Park with a rock/sheet pile groin that will extend approximately 115 feet channelward of mean low water, to include a temporary mooring buoy adjacent to the work site, and to include the placement of approximately 6,250 cubic yards of material channelward of mean low water as beach nourishment, from approximately 3rd View Street to Ocean View Beach Park situated along Chesapeake Bay in Norfolk.
2B. CHESAPEAKE DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC WORKS, #11-0012, requests authorization to modify their existing permit for the construction of new north and south bound fixed-span bridges along Dominion Boulevard (U.S.Route 17) crossing over the Southern Branch of the Elizabeth River to include installation of two (2) temporary falsework towers, each comprised of eight (8) 30-inch diameter pipe piles, beams and tower sections, and a temporary 30-foot wide by 190-foot long open-pile trestle pier to allow construction access to work barges.
PAGE 3 ITEMS
VMRC DOES NOT
DISCRIMINATE AGAINST INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES; THEREFORE, IF YOU ARE IN
NEED OF REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS DUE TO A DISABILITY, PLEASE ADVISE JANE
MCCROSKEY (757-247-2215) NO LATER THAN FIVE WORK DAYS PRIOR TO THE
MEETING DATE AND IDENTIFY YOUR NEEDS.
FISHERY MANAGEMENT ITEMS
WILL IMMEDIATELY FOLLOW THE HABITAT MANAGEMENT PROJECTS ON THIS AGENDA.