1. MINUTES of previous meeting.
over $500,000 with no objections and with staff recommendation for approval).
4. CLOSED MEETING FOR CONSULTATION WITH, OR BRIEFING BY COUNSEL.
5. WALTER COLLINS, #14-0019, requests authorization to construct 35 linear feet of riprap revetment adjacent to his property at 4026B Tanglewood Trail situated along an unnamed cove to the Eastern Branch of the Elizabeth River in Chesapeake.
The project requires a wetlands permit.
6. DOUG CAMPBELL, #11-1159, requests authorization to install a six-foot wide, private, open-pile pier extending 145 feet channelward of mean low water with a 14-foot by 16-foot deck and a 15-foot by 32-foot covered boat slip along Lyons Creek at 156 Pasture Road in the City of Poquoson. The project is protested by an adjacent property owner and an oyster ground leaseholder.
7. TEMPLETON PAVING, LLC, #12-1690, #13-0622, #13-0623, #13-0624, #13-0627, requests reauthorization to dredge by dragline, between 5,000 - 20,000 cubic yards of sand per year from State-owned submerged land at their Haedens Bridge site in Goose Creek, Joppa Mill site in Goose Creek, and Otter-Anderson site in the Big Otter River in Bedford County, their Otter #2 site in the Big Otter River in Campbell County and at their Rivanna-Kent site in the Rivanna River in Fluvanna County. Authorization is also requested for a bridge crossing over Wolf Creek at their Joppa Mill site in Bedford County. The Campbell County Site is protested by an adjacent property owner.
8. THOMAS DALE GASKINS SEAFOOD, #13-1744, requests authorization to construct an 18-foot wide by 40-foot long, open-pile, timber deck addition to an existing 48-foot long, L-head pier and to change the use of the structure from a private pier to a commercial seafood landing pier situated along Ellyson Creek in Northumberland County. The project is protested by adjacent and nearby property owners.
9. TOWN OF PORT ROYAL, #13-1903, requests authorization to construct a 206-foot long by 8-foot wide community fishing pier with a 40-foot by 10-foot T-head and a dry hydrant comprised of an 80-foot long 6-inch diameter PVC pipe on the pier and to construct a 35-foot long canoe/kayak launch ramp varying in width from 10-foot to 16-foot with a 35-foot long and a 30-foot long riprap groin along each side of the ramp adjacent to Town of Port Royal property off of King Street situated along the Rappahannock River in Caroline County. The project is protested by both adjoining property owners.
10. DONALD J. GAWEN, #13-1566, requests authorization to construct a 60-foot long by 12-foot wide by 6 inch thick, concrete private boat ramp which will extend 50 feet channelward of mean low water adjacent to property situated along a cove of Murphys Mill Creek, a tributary to White Point Creek in Westmoreland County. The project is protested by an adjacent property owner.
11. MARSHALL B. COX, SR., #13-087S, requests authorization to lease approximately 6.23 acres of Oyster Planting Ground situated in The Gulf north of Smith Beach, Northampton County. The application is protested by three oyster ground leaseholders.
12. PUBLIC COMMENTS.
13. REPEAT OFFENDERS.
14. RAYMOND WATSON: Commission consideration of an order to remove a vessel located on state-owned submerged lands at Urbanna Yachting Center in Urbanna Creek in Middlesex County.
15. REQUEST BY INDUSTRY: Amendments to Chapter 4VAC20-620-10 et seq. “Pertaining to Summer Flounder” to establish March 12, 2014 as the starting date, and establish a 20-day landing period, for the upcoming directed fishery season for summer flounder.
16. FORMAL HEARINGS: Concerning ineligibility to obtain horseshoe crab pound net permits (Arthur Peter Bender and Edward H. Bender); a Class B Horseshoe Crab Dredge Permit (Arthur Peter Bender); and, a Class A Horseshoe Crab Dredge Permit (Edward H. Bender).
17. PUBLIC HEARING: Proposed amendments to Chapter 4VAC20-490-10 et seq. “Pertaining to Sharks,” to comply with the federal and interstate management plan for these species.
18. REQUEST FOR PUBLIC HEARING: Proposed amendments to Chapter 4VAC20-280-10 et seq. “Pertaining to Speckled Trout and Red Drum,” to lower the commercial maximum size limit, and increase the commercial possession limit, for red drum.
19. REQUEST FOR PUBLIC HEARING: Proposed amendments to Chapter 4VAC20-950-10 et seq. “Pertaining to Black Sea Bass,” to establish the 2014 commercial quota and recreational season and possession limit for black sea bass.
20. DISCUSSION: Report from FMAC on speckled trout winter cold-stun events and fishery management considerations.
21. DISCUSSION: Request approval of the 2014 Oyster Replenishment Plan and the associated Procurement Procedures.
22. REQUEST FOR PUBLIC HEARING: Proposed amendments to Chapter 4VAC20-510-10 et seq. “Pertaining to Amberjack and Cobia” to establish a commercial hook-and-line possession limit of 6 cobia per vessel.
PAGE 2 ITEMS (Projects over $500,000 with no objections and with staff recommendation for approval).
2A. LOUDOUN WATER, #10-2020,
requests authorization to modify a previously-authorized permit for the Potomac River Water Supply Project in Loudoun County to include boring 58 linear feet of the raw water transmission line a minimum of 3 feet below Sycolin Creek, install 30 linear feet of riprap not more than 21 feet channelward of ordinary high water in the Potomac River and 26 linear feet of riprap not more than 7 feet channelward of ordinary high water in the Potomac River for protection of two stormwater outfalls, moving the location of the raw water intake structure and pipes approximately 35 feet downstream in the Potomac River, and moving the location of the temporary cofferdam
approximately 60 feet downstream in the Potomac River.
2B. CITY OF ALEXANDRIA, #13-1814, requests authorization to install temporary cofferdams and repair four existing weirs in Cameron Run by placing 190 linear feet of riprap at weir #2; 200 linear feet of riprap, as well as repairing an existing concrete energy dissipater using cast-in-place concrete at weir #3; 145 linear feet of riprap at weir #4, and 140 linear feet of riprap at weir #5 adjacent to the 3600 – 4000 blocks of Eisenhower Avenue in the City of Alexandria.
2C. CORMAN CONSTRUCTION, #14-0011, requests authorization to replace the existing west bound and east bound triple span bridges with two (2) single span bridges crossing over Tuckahoe Creek which will include the use of temporary cofferdams to remove the existing bridge pilings associated with the expansion of Interstate 64 within the existing Virginia Department of Transportation right of way between Rockville Road and Pouncey Tract Road in Goochland and Henrico Counties. This project is a design build project for VDOT and all permits will be transferred to VDOT upon completion of the project.
PAGE 3 ITEMS
VMRC DOES NOT
DISCRIMINATE AGAINST INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES; THEREFORE, IF YOU ARE IN
NEED OF REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS DUE TO A DISABILITY, PLEASE ADVISE JANE
MCCROSKEY (757-247-2215) NO LATER THAN FIVE WORK DAYS PRIOR TO THE
MEETING DATE AND IDENTIFY YOUR NEEDS.
FISHERY MANAGEMENT ITEMS
WILL IMMEDIATELY FOLLOW THE HABITAT MANAGEMENT PROJECTS ON THIS AGENDA.