1. MINUTES of previous meeting.
over $500,000 with no objections and with staff recommendation for approval).
4. CLOSED MEETING FOR CONSULTATION WITH, OR BRIEFING BY COUNSEL.
5. TYLER WIND, #13-0202, requests authorization to construct a private, open-pile pier with an L-head and floating dock totaling 1,020 square feet, a 1,480 square foot non-commercial, dual-slip boathouse and roofed shelter, and set a piling 100-foot offshore for a clothesline mooring system at his property located at 19365 Tidewater Trail situated along the Rappahannock River in Essex County.
6. SMITH IRON & METAL CO., INC., #12-0558, requests authorization to mechanically dredge 2,700 cubic yards of State-owned bottom in the James River to a maximum depth of minus -15 MLW, maintenance dredge on an as-needed basis, and to fill and dredge tidal wetlands in a man-made cove for the installation of a 500-foot bulkhead and a 111-foot by 73-foot boat ramp associated with the development of a marine terminal at 1304-1308 Bellwood Road in Chesterfield County. Both a subaqueous and a wetlands permit are required. Additionally, the project now involves Commission consideration of enforcement action for work conducted without a wetlands permit.
7. SIX M LLC, #12-1516, requests authorization to install and backfill 96 linear feet of steel sheet pile bulkhead, extending a maximum of four feet channelward of mean low water, adjacent to their property at 425 Campostella Road situated along an unnamed tributary to the Eastern Branch of the Elizabeth River in Norfolk. The project is protested by an adjacent property owner.
8. PUBLIC COMMENTS.
9. PUBLIC HEARING: Proposed amendments to Chapter 4VAC20-950-10 et seq., "Pertaining to Black Sea Bass," to lower the recreational black sea bass fishery possession limit of 25 fish to 20 fish, for the May 19 through October 14 and November 1 through December 31 season, and to establish the 2013 commercial directed fishery quota as 394,000 pounds.
10. PUBLIC HEARING: Proposed amendments to Chapter 4VAC20-490-10 et seq., "Pertaining to Sharks" to modify the limited entry system for the commercial spiny dogfish fishery, increase the daily trip limit to 3,300 pounds and increase the landing quota to 4,408,894 pounds.
11. PUBLIC HEARING: Proposed amendments to Chapter 4 VAC20-900-10 et seq., "Pertaining to Horseshoe Crabs," to establish mesh size, twine size and permit specifications for gill nets harvesting horseshoe crabs.
12. DISCUSSION: Blue Crab Winter Dredge Study results and timeline for future management measures.
13. REQUEST FOR PUBLIC HEARING: Proposed amendments to Chapter 4 VAC20-1090-10 et seq., "Pertaining to Licensing Requirements and Licensing Fees" to establish oyster user fees as provided by H 1400.
14. FAILURE TO REPORT: Cases involving failure to report commercial harvests, in accordance with Chapter 4VAC20-610-10 et seq., "Pertaining to Commercial Fishing and Mandatory Harvest Reporting."
15. POUND NETS: Cases involving protested locations for new pound nets, in accordance with Chapter 4VAC20-25-210 et seq., "Pertaining to Pound Net Siting Public Interest Review."
PAGE 2 ITEMS (Projects over $500,000 with no objections and with staff recommendation for approval).
2A. CITY OF NORFOLK,
#13-0092, requests authorization to replace four (4) deteriorated stormwater outfall structures by installing 18-inch and 30-inch diameter ductile iron pipes and associated timber support structures extending a maximum of 202 feet channelward of mean low water, including the removal of approximately 24 cubic yards of submerged material to facilitate construction of the outfall structures in the vicinity of 9th View Street, Mason Creek Road and 5th Bay Street along the Chesapeake Bay, and in the vicinity of 1001 Little Bay Avenue along Willoughby Bay in Norfolk.
2B. BAE SYSTEMS, #13-0360, requests authorization to install a 44.1-foot wide by 54-foot long crane platform, a 24.7-foot wide by 35-foot long maintenance platform, and 15 associated battered piles, resulting in approximately 2,233 square feet of encroachment over State-owned submerged land adjacent to their facility at 750 West Berkley Avenue situated along the Southern Branch of the Elizabeth River in Norfolk.
PAGE 3 ITEMS
None at this time.
VMRC DOES NOT
DISCRIMINATE AGAINST INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES; THEREFORE, IF YOU ARE IN
NEED OF REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS DUE TO A DISABILITY, PLEASE ADVISE JANE
MCCROSKEY (757-247-2215) NO LATER THAN FIVE WORK DAYS PRIOR TO THE
MEETING DATE AND IDENTIFY YOUR NEEDS.
FISHERY MANAGEMENT ITEMS
WILL IMMEDIATELY FOLLOW THE HABITAT MANAGEMENT PROJECTS ON THIS AGENDA.