5. RICHARD WINELAND, #09-0132. Appeal of the March 12, 2009, decision by the Lancaster County Wetlands Board to deny his request to install 250 linear feet of quarry stone riprap revetment along his shoreline on Taylor Creek at 711 Peake Road in Lancaster County.
6. U.S. ARMY CORPS OF ENGINEERS/CITY OF VIRGINIA BEACH, #09-0427, request authorization to nourish the Cape Henry beach area of Virginia Beach with approximately 250,000 cubic yards (per cycle) of beach quality sand to be maintenance dredged from the Lynnhaven Inlet Federal Navigation Channel.
7. MARY HILL AND MARIE HILL, OYSTER PLANTING GROUND APPLICATION #2006-176, request to lease approximately 160 acres of oyster planting ground within Chuckatuck Creek on both sides of the Chuckatuck Creek, Route 17, highway bridge in the City of Suffolk and Isle of Wight County. The application is protested by a nearby oyster ground leaseholder.
8. PUBLIC COMMENTS
9. PUBLIC HEARING: Proposed 2009 regulations for the commercial and recreational harvest of blue crabs.
10. PUBLIC HEARING: Proposed amendment to Regulation 4VAC20-450, "Pertaining to the Taking of Bluefish", to establish the 2009 commercial harvest quota.
11. PUBLIC HEARING: Proposed amendment to Regulation 4VAC20-320, "Pertaining to the Taking of Black Drum", to authorize the Commissioner to grant exceptions and transfer requests.
12. PUBLIC HEARING: Proposed amendments to Regulation 4VAC20-1120, "Pertaining to Tilefish and Groupers", to establish new recreational and commercial possession limits, and permit and reporting requirements.
13. PUBLIC HEARING: Proposed amendments to Regulation 4VAC20-650, "Establishment of Oyster Sanctuary Areas", to establish five new shellfish sanctuaries on the seaside Eastern Shore.
14. REQUEST FOR PUBLIC HEARING: Amendments to Regulation 4VAC20-260, "Pertaining to the Designation of Seed Areas and Clean Cull Areas", to exempt hatchery raised oysters grown in caged aquaculture from the 3-inch size limit.
15. Consideration of appeals from individuals whose crabbing licenses have been placed on the waiting list.
PAGE 2 ITEMS (Projects over $50,000 with no objections and with staff recommendation for approval).
2A. COASTAL PRECAST SYSTEMS, #09-0391, requests authorization to dredge 7,875 cubic yards of new material, with 4,000 cubic yards of future maintenance dredging, as needed, to create berthing areas possessing maximum depths of minus five ( 5), minus twelve ( 12), and minus fifteen ( 15) feet at mean low water, and install three (3) 13 pile cluster mooring dolphins adjacent to their commercial barge loading facility on the Southern Branch of the Elizabeth River at 1320 Yacht Drive in Chesapeake. All dredged material will be transported to and disposed of within the Craney Island Rehandling Basin. Recommend standard dredging conditions and a royalty in the amount of $3,543.75 for the new dredging of 7,875 cubic yards of material at a rate of $0.45 per cubic yard.
2B. MARINE CORPS BASE QUANTICO, #08-2224, requests authorization to construct 100 linear feet of rip-rap revetment extending a maximum of 10-feet channelward of mean low water to support a shotcrete bank stabilization barrier adjacent to the Marine Corps Base Quantico in Stafford County.
2C. MARINE CORPS BASE QUANTICO, #09-0119, requests authorization to construct a 125-foot long by 50-foot wide clear span bridge for the expansion of Russell Road and to install new water and telecommunication utilities crossing approximately 35-feet of Chopawamsic Creek in Stafford and Prince William Counties. The utility lines will be installed by directional bore method and buried a minimum of 4-feet beneath the streambed.
2D. VIRGINIA ELECTRIC & POWER COMPANY, #08-1688, requests authorization to modify their previously issued permit to replace an existing aerial 230 kV and 500 kV electric line, the two (2) additional stream crossings are over 60 linear feet of Town Run in Fauquier County. Staff recommends an additional royalty of $540.00 be assessed for the additional encroachment over State-owned subaqueous bottom at a rate of $3.00 per linear foot.
2E. BUCHANAN COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE AUTHORITY, #09-0422, requests authorization to install an aerial water line across 81 linear feet of stream channel and a submerged water line beneath 241 linear feet of stream channel to facilitate construction of the Hurley Regional Water Project - Phase II in Buchanan County. Recommend approval with our standard instream permit conditions and an agreement to conduct any necessary mussel and fish surveys/relocations and adhere to any instream work time-of- year restrictions as recommended by the Department of Game and Inland Fisheries.
2F. BUCHANAN COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE AUTHORITY, #09-0425, requests authorization to install a submerged water line beneath a total of 399 linear feet of stream channel, at nine locations, to facilitate construction of the Haysi to Big A - Phase III Water Project in Buchanan County. Recommend approval with our standard instream permit conditions and an agreement to conduct any necessary mussel and fish surveys/relocations and adhere to any instream work time-of year restrictions as recommended by the Department of Game and Inland Fisheries.
2G. CITY VIEW TWO, L.L.C./CITY OF VIRGINIA BEACH, #07-0645, requests authorization to construct a bridge over Thalia Creek that will extend Constitution Drive and connect it to Bonney Road in Virginia Beach. The proposed bridge will completely span an approximate 90 foot by 35 foot section of the creek and will involve no in water construction. The bottom of the bridge will maintain a minimum vertical clearance of 3 feet above mean high water. The applicant also seeks authorization to install an 8 inch water line by directionally drilling under an approximate 230 foot section of Thalia Creek directly adjacent to the new bridge. The proposed water line will remain a minimum of 15 feet below the creek bottom.
2H. DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY, #09-0389, requests authorization to install approximately 2,200 linear feet of steel sheetpile bulkheads, aligned two feet channelward of existing deteriorated bulkheads; to include concrete caps, concrete-pile fender system and installation of approximately 550 linear feet of riprap scour protection at the base of the bulkheads, and the extension of all existing outfalls and utilities through the proposed bulkheads, all of which will be located along the existing W305 and W306 bulkheads between Piers 7 and 11 at Naval Station Norfolk, situated along Hampton Roads in the City of Norfolk.
2I. CITY OF CHESAPEAKE, #09-0432, requests authorization to replace the existing two-lane Saint Brides Bridge with a new, double-box culvert bridge, including wing walls and riprap slope protection, and involving 280 cubic yards of streambed excavation in an unnamed tributary to the Northwest River west of Battlefield Boulevard in Chesapeake. Recommend approval with our standard instream work conditions.
PAGE 3 ITEMS Consent Agenda Items.
NONE AT THIS TIME
VMRC DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE AGAINST INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES; THEREFORE, IF YOU ARE IN NEED OF REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS DUE TO A DISABILITY, PLEASE ADVISE JANE MCCROSKEY (757-247-2215) NO LATER THAN FIVE WORK DAYS PRIOR TO THE MEETING DATE AND IDENTIFY YOUR NEEDS.
FISHERY MANAGEMENT ITEMS WILL IMMEDIATELY FOLLOW THE HABITAT MANAGEMENT PROJECTS ON THIS AGENDA.