1. MINUTES of previous meeting.
over $500,000 with no objections and with staff recommendation for approval).
4. CLOSED MEETING FOR CONSULTATION WITH, OR BRIEFING BY COUNSEL.
5. MATHEWS LAND CONSERVANCY, #12-1539. Appeal by 26 freeholders of the Mathews County Wetlands Board decision to approve the construction of a rowing and sailing center building on pilings extending over wetlands, two (2) 16-foot wide by
80-foot long floating piers with two (2) 12-foot by 23-foot gangways, an 8-foot wide open-pile pier extending 62 feet channelward of an existing bulkhead with a 14-foot wide by 100-foot long T-head deck, and a 182 linear foot riprap revetment with associated backfill along the East River at 1039 Williams Wharf Road in Mathews County.
6. RICHARD A. HAWLEY, #12-1244, requests after-the-fact authorization to retain approximately 227 linear feet of timber retaining wall and 108 linear feet of vinyl bulkhead next to an existing boat ramp that was recently resurfaced, resulting in impacts to approximately 1,150 square feet of vegetated wetlands, adjacent to his property at 104 Cove Circle situated at the confluence of a manmade canal and the Eastern Branch of the Elizabeth River in Chesapeake. The project will require a Wetlands permit.
7. PCN, LLC #12-1534, requests authorization for the use and development of tidal wetlands and for encroachment over State-owned bottom including the dredging of 1,144 cubic yards of State-owned bottom including a 30 linear foot temporary bulkhead for construction access, associated with the construction and installation of an approximately 2,654 linear foot steel sheet pile wall with riprap scour protection along Curles Neck Swamp tributary to the James River and extending from an existing earthen levee to a U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Dredge Material Management Area at Curles Neck Farm in Henrico County. The project will require a tidal wetlands permit and a permit for use of State-owned bottomlands. The project is protested by two adjacent property owners.
8. WILLIAM AND TERESA MITCHELL, #13-0324, request authorization to construct 110 linear feet of timber pile bulkhead and associated backfill aligned a maximum of two (2) feet channelward of an existing deteriorating bulkhead resulting in impacts to 43 square feet of vegetated wetlands and 148 square feet of non-vegetated wetlands adjacent to 4104 Mingo Trail situated along the Indian River in Chesapeake. The project requires a Wetlands permit.
9. GERALD WILSON, #13-0595, requests authorization to construct 116 linear feet of vinyl bulkhead and associated backfill aligned a maximum of one (1) foot channelward of an existing deteriorating bulkhead resulting in impacts to 58 square feet of vegetated wetlands adjacent to 3601 White Heron Run situated along Indian River in Chesapeake. The project requires a Wetlands permit.
10. KEN SMITH, OYSTER PLANTING GROUND APPLICATIONS #2012-118 AND #2012-119, requests authorization to lease up to 75 and 100 acres respectively within the Chesapeake Bay near the mouth of Barnes Creek in Northumberland County. Both applications are protested by numerous residents in the area.
11. PUBLIC COMMENTS.
12. REPORT on results from a Fisheries Management Staff and Industry meeting about user conflict in the Horseshoe Crab Fishery within Tom’s Cove.
13. PUBLIC HEARING: Proposed amendments to Chapter 4 VAC20-1090-10 et seq., “Pertaining to Licensing Requirements and Licensing Fees” to establish oyster user fees as provided by H 1400; with a request for a June public hearing to rescind or amend regulations that contain references to the Oyster Tax Harvest and Reporting System, effective July 1, 2013.
14. REPEAT OFFENDERS.
15. FAILURE TO REPORT: Cases involving failure to report commercial harvests, in accordance with Chapter 4VAC20-610-10 et seq., “Pertaining to Commercial Fishing and Mandatory Harvest Reporting.”
16. POUND NETS: Cases involving protested locations for new pound nets, in accordance with Chapter 4VAC20-25-10 et seq., “Pertaining to Pound Net Siting Public Interest Review.”
from the Recreational Fishing Advisory Board, on funding projects from the Virginia Saltwater Recreational Fishing Development Fund.
18. REQUEST FOR JUNE PUBLIC HEARING to establish the 2013 and 2014 Virginia commercial bluefish quotas.
19. REQUEST FOR JUNE PUBLIC HEARING to amend Chapter 4 VAC-20-490-10 et seq., to allow federal waters landings of spiny dogfish during May 1, 2010 through April 30, 2012 to serve as a basis for harvesters to be part of this limited access fishery.
20. EMERGENCY REGULATION: for 4 VAC 20-270-10 et seq., “Pertaining to Crabbing,” to ensure that any harvest, possession or vessel limits are daily limits.
PAGE 2 ITEMS (Projects over $500,000 with no objections and with staff recommendation for approval).
2A. COLUMBIA GAS OF VIRIGNIA, #13-0071,
requests authorization to cross 495 linear feet of the James River from Buckingham County to Fluvanna County by directionally drilling a minimum of ten feet below the substrate to install a 24-inch steel natural gas line for the Dominion Bremo Bluff Power Plant in Fluvanna County.
Recommend approval with a royalty of $1,485 for the crossing of 495 linear feet of State-owned subaqueous bottom at a rate of $3.00 per linear foot.
PAGE 3 ITEMS
VMRC DOES NOT
DISCRIMINATE AGAINST INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES; THEREFORE, IF YOU ARE IN
NEED OF REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS DUE TO A DISABILITY, PLEASE ADVISE JANE
MCCROSKEY (757-247-2215) NO LATER THAN FIVE WORK DAYS PRIOR TO THE
MEETING DATE AND IDENTIFY YOUR NEEDS.
FISHERY MANAGEMENT ITEMS
WILL IMMEDIATELY FOLLOW THE HABITAT MANAGEMENT PROJECTS ON THIS AGENDA.