1. MINUTES of previous meeting.
over $500,000 with no objections and with staff recommendation for approval).
4. CLOSED MEETING FOR CONSULTATION WITH, OR BRIEFING BY COUNSEL.
5. LUCK STONE CORPORATION, #14-0435, requests authorization to construct a 40-foot wide by 60-foot long T-head platform at an existing commercial pier, six (6) mooring dolphins, and a conveyor system adjacent to their property at 4608 Bainbridge Boulevard situated along the Southern Branch of the Elizabeth River in Chesapeake.
The project requires a wetlands and a subaqueous permit.
6. PERRY NEAL, #12-0957, requests authorization to install an additional 36 linear feet of riprap revetment against an existing timber bulkhead, with a six-foot base width and channelward of mean low water, adjacent to his property situated along the Potomac River in Westmoreland County. The project is protested by the upstream adjacent property owner.
7. PHILIP BROUILLARD, #13-1837, requests authorization to construct an 18-foot by 38.5-foot open-sided single slip boathouse roof at his property situated along the Pagan River in the Town of Smithfield at 10 Jamesview Circle in Isle of Wight County.
The boathouse roof is protested by an adjoining property owner.
8. ROBERT BLACKWELL, #14-0394, requests authorization to extend an existing open-sided boathouse 10 feet channelward to increase the overall size of the boathouse to 19 feet by 46.5 feet and to construct a 16-foot by 16-foot open-sided shelter over an existing pier platform adjacent to his property situated along the Northwest Branch of Sarah Creek at 1868 Katie Lane in Gloucester County. The project is protested by an adjoining property owner.
9. EDMUND S. RUFFIN, JR. #14-0362, requests authorization to construct an 18-foot by 36-foot open-sided boathouse over an existing boatslip at a private, noncommercial open-pile pier adjacent to his property situated along the Ware River at 6740 Ware Neck Road in Gloucester County. The project is protested by an adjoining property owner.
10. TIDEWATER REALTY & SECURITY CORPORATION, #2013-125, requests authorization to lease approximately 6.0 acres of oyster lease planting grounds in Cherrystone Creek and Mill Creek in Northampton County. The request is protested by Mark Sanford.
11. PUBLIC COMMENT.
12. FAILURE TO REPORT: Cases involving failure to report commercial harvests, in accordance with Chapter 4VAC20-610-10 et seq., “Pertaining to Commercial Fishing and Mandatory Harvest Reporting.”
13. PUBLIC HEARING: Amendments to Chapter 4VAC20-910-10 et seq. “Pertaining to Scup (Porgy)” Request to establish the 2014 summer period commercial quota, as 14,105 pounds.
14. PUBLIC HEARING: Amendments to Chapter 4VAC20-490-10 et seq. “Pertaining to Sharks” to increase Virginia’s commercial spiny dogfish seasonal quota from 4,408,894 pounds to 5,329,491 pounds.
15. REQUEST FOR A JUNE PUBLIC HEARING: Amendments to Chapter 4VAC20-910-10 et seq. “Pertaining to Scup (Porgy)”, to lower the recreational possession limit
16. DISCUSSION: Presentation of 2013-2014 Blue Crab Winter Dredge Study results and consideration of management measures for 2014 and 2015.
PAGE 2 ITEMS (Projects over $500,000 with no objections and with staff recommendation for approval).
2A. ARMY CORPS OF ENGINEERS, #12-1255,
requests a permit modification to increase the maximum amount of cubic yards placed in their overboard placement site located in Bradford Bay, southwest of the Federal Channel and centered at N37º35’02”, W75º40’53” from 75,000 to 100,000 cubic yards, per dredge
cycle. The dredge material will come from the maintenance dredging of the Bradford Bay and Wachapreague Channel Federal Project Channels near the Town of Wachapreague in Accomack County.
All other permit conditions would remain the same.
PAGE 3 ITEMS
VMRC DOES NOT
DISCRIMINATE AGAINST INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES; THEREFORE, IF YOU ARE IN
NEED OF REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS DUE TO A DISABILITY, PLEASE ADVISE JANE
MCCROSKEY (757-247-2215) NO LATER THAN FIVE WORK DAYS PRIOR TO THE
MEETING DATE AND IDENTIFY YOUR NEEDS.
FISHERY MANAGEMENT ITEMS
WILL IMMEDIATELY FOLLOW THE HABITAT MANAGEMENT PROJECTS ON THIS AGENDA.