of previous meeting.
over $500,000 with no objections and with staff recommendation for approval).
4. CLOSED MEETING FOR CONSULTATION WITH, OR BRIEFING BY COUNSEL.
5. JAMES GOLDING, #11-0516, requests authorization to construct an open-sided 792 square foot boathouse at the end of a proposed 200-foot long private open-pile pier in lieu of a previously permitted 1,232 square foot enclosed boathouse at property situated along the James River in Charles City County. The project is protested by several property owners.
6. HAYDEN GORDON, #11-0120, requests authorization to install 85 linear feet of riprap revetment channelward of a failing concrete bulkhead, replace a 32 linear foot groin with a 40 linear foot low-profile groin, and replace framing and decking on an existing previously permitted private pier situated at his property along Hampton Roads in the City of Hampton. Both Coastal Primary Dune and Beaches and Subaqueous Lands Permits are required.
8. BOBBY MCCAULEY, #11-0731, requests authorization to construct two (2) timber and vinyl groins extending 60 feet channelward of mean high water adjacent to his property situated along the York River at 1497 Fleming Road in Gloucester County. Both Coastal Primary Sand Dunes and Beaches and Subaqueous Lands permits are required.
9. OYSTER COMPANY OF VIRGINIA, LLC, 2011-005, request for oyster planting ground in Lloyds (Floyds) Bay in the City of Poquoson, and 2011-007, request for oyster planting ground in the Poquoson River near the mouth of Bennetts Creek in the City of Poquoson. Both applications are protested by numerous parties.
10. PUBLIC COMMENTS.
REQUEST FOR PUBLIC HEARING: Consideration of final blue crab regulations, including closure of the crab dredge fishery for the 2011-2012 season, (4VAC20-1140-20 et seq. "Pertaining to Prohibition of Crab Dredging in Virginia waters).
Decision on licensing those individuals on the peeler pot and crab pot waiting list who have been inactive, at least since 2004 (4VAC20-270-10 et seq., "Pertaining to Crabbing").
Re-assignment of latitude-longitude coordinates that apply to Virginia Blue Crab Sanctuaries (4VAC20-752-20 et seq., "Pertaining to Blue Crab Sanctuaries").
12. REQUEST FOR PUBLIC HEARING: For the 2011-2012 public oyster season requiring amendments to Regulation 4VAC20-720-10 et seq., "Pertaining to Restrictions on Oyster Harvest". An August 23, 2011 public hearing is requested.
PAGE 2 ITEMS (Projects over $500,000 with no objections and with staff recommendation for approval).
PAGE 3 ITEMS
3A. CITY OF PORTSMOUTH, #09-1746, requests after-the-fact authorization for approximately 140 linear feet of sheet pile bulkhead and three concrete wharf girders, installed under emergency repair conditions due to a seawall failure beneath the existing marginal wharf, along the waterfront of the Southern Branch of the Elizabeth River adjacent to the Admiral's Landing Condominiums in the City of Portsmouth.
VMRC DOES NOT
DISCRIMINATE AGAINST INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES; THEREFORE, IF YOU ARE IN
NEED OF REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS DUE TO A DISABILITY, PLEASE ADVISE JANE
MCCROSKEY (757-247-2215) NO LATER THAN FIVE WORK DAYS PRIOR TO THE
MEETING DATE AND IDENTIFY YOUR NEEDS.
FISHERY MANAGEMENT ITEMS
WILL IMMEDIATELY FOLLOW THE HABITAT MANAGEMENT PROJECTS ON THIS AGENDA.