1. MINUTES of previous meeting.
2. PERMITS (Projects over $50,000 with no objections and with staff recommendation for approval).
3. CONSENT ORDERS (Commission approval of consent agreement).
4. VIRGINIA BEACH DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC WORKS, #96-0688, requests authorization to hydraulically maintenance dredge approximately 118,000 cubic yards of State-owned subaqueous bottom material from the Western Branch of the Lynnhaven River and Old Donation Creek to restore 5.2 miles of navigable channel to maximum depths of minus six (-6) feet at mean low water.
5. ALVIN L. NEWTON, #96-1405, requests authorization to construct a 13-foot by 16-foot addition to an existing boathouse to create a storage area along the landward side of the boathouse located along Sarah Creek in Gloucester County.
6. VAN DYKE GROUP, #97-0746, requests authorization to construct a gapped breakwater system involving the installation of nine (9) granite rock breakwaters and associated beach nourishment a maximum of 200 feet channelward of mean low water in association with the placement of 210 linear feet of riprap revetment at their property situated along the James River in Isle of Wight County. The project is protested by an adjoining property owner.
7. MARGARET F. BABYAK, #97-0901, requests authorization to construct 339 linear feet of bulkhead and install 65 linear feet of riprap at her property situated along the Mattaponi River in King and Queen County. A wetlands permit is required.
8. PUBLIC HEARING: Consideration of amendment to Regulation 4 VAC 20-890-10 et. seq., "Pertaining to Channeled Whelk."
9. APPEALS of crab pot license denials.
VMRC DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE AGAINST INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES; THEREFORE, IF YOU ARE IN NEED OF REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS DUE TO A DISABILITY, PLEASE ADVISE LAVERNE LEWIS (757) 247-2261) NO LATER THAN FIVE WORK DAYS PRIOR TO THE MEETING DATE AND IDENTIFY YOUR NEEDS.
FISHERY AGENDA ITEMS WILL BE CONSIDERED BY THE COMMISSION IMMEDIATELY AT THE CONCLUSION OF HABITAT MANAGEMENT ITEMS.
JULY 22, 1997
2A. CITY OF VIRGINIA BEACH, #94-0712, requests authorization to install seven 48-inch diameter HPDE submarine, storm water outfall lines from their 16th Street and 42nd Street pump stations proposed along the Virginia Beach oceanfront. The lines will terminate and discharge into the Atlantic Ocean approximately 2,000 feet offshore.
2B. DEPARTMENT OF THE ARMY, #97-0704, requests authorization to construct (2) separate 100-foot long submerged 8-inch diameter water line crossings of Dogue Creek in Fairfax County. The lines will be countersunk five (5) feet below the stream bed.
JULY 22, 1997
3A. GLOUCESTER POINT CAMPGROUND, #96-1610, requests after-the-fact authorization for the construction of a 16-foot by 60-foot boat ramp, two (2) 68-foot by 5-foot tending piers, and two (2) 60-foot timber jetties at their facility situated along Willetts Creek in Gloucester County. The applicant has agreed to pay a civil charge of $750.00 in lieu of further enforcement action. Recommend triple permit fees and royalties as provided by Code.
3B. NORFOLK YACHT AND COUNTRY CLUB, #97-0774, requests after-the-fact authorization for the installation of four (4) support pilings and three (3) floating docks (10' x 40') adjacent to their existing commercial pier situated on the Lafayette River in the City of Norfolk, and authorization to install a fourth floating dock and associated piling. The applicant has agreed to pay a civil charge of $750.00 in lieu of further enforcement action. Recommend triple permit fees and royalties as provided by Code.
3C. JORDAN POINT YACHT HAVEN, INC., #97-0686, requests after-the-fact authorization to retain approximately 2,000 square feet of commercial pier and 80 linear feet of timber bulkhead which was constructed/reconstructed following storm damage at the marina situated along the James River in Prince George County. The applicant has agreed to pay a civil charge in the amount of $750.00 in lieu of further enforcement action. Recommend triple permit fees and royalties as provided by Code.