1. MINUTES of previous meeting.
2. PERMITS (Projects over $50,000 with no objections and with staff recommendation for approval).
3. JAMES RIVER COUNTRY CLUB, #97-0826, requests authorization to install a 250-foot long open-pile, community pier with a 44-foot wide T-head, 11 mooring piles and two (2) 30-foot by 14-foot boat slips to provide a total of seven (7) wet slips adjacent to their property situated along the James River in the City of Newport News. The project is protested by two adjacent property owners.
4. RUFUS R. FOUTZ, III, #98-0472, requests authorization to construct a 54-foot long low profile timber groin (48 linear feet from mean high water) adjacent to his property situated along Mattox Creek in Westmoreland County. The project is protested by an adjacent property owner.
5. GEORGE WASHINGTON MEMORIAL PARKWAY, #98-0321, requests authorization to construct a 110 linear foot culvert extension with riprap scour protection extending from the northbound lane of the Parkway to the Potomac River within the City of Alexandria. The project is protested by 13 area residents. A wetland permit is required.
6. RECOMMENDATION of the Recreational Fishing Advisory Board.
7. DISCUSSION: HB993, HB656; Request for public hearing.
8. PUBLIC HEARING: Proposed amendments to Regulation 4 VAC 20-890-10 et seq., "Pertaining to Channeled Whelk," to clarify the tolerance on the minimum size limit.
9. PUBLIC HEARING: Proposed regulations to limit the exploitation of horseshoe crabs.
VMRC DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE AGAINST INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES; THEREFORE, IF YOU ARE IN NEED OF REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS DUE TO A DISABILITY, PLEASE ADVISE LAVERNE LEWIS (757) 247-2261 NO LATER THAN FIVE WORK DAYS PRIOR TO THE MEETING DATE AND IDENTIFY YOUR NEEDS.
FISHERY AGENDA ITEMS WILL BE CONSIDERED BY THE COMMISSION AT APPROXIMATELY 12:00 NOON AND WILL BE FOLLOWED WITH THE REMAINDER OF THE HABITAT PERMIT CASES.
July 28, 1998
2A. NAVAL FACILITIES ENGINEERING COMMAND, #95-0481, requests a modification and five-year extension of their previously issued beach nourishment permit to allow for the annual placement of up to 100,000 cubic yards of beach quality sand, obtained from an upland source, on an as-needed basis along 9,280 linear feet of beach at the Dam Neck facility in Virginia Beach.
2B. CHESAPEAKE BAY BRIDGE AND TUNNEL DISTRICT, #98-0901, requests a five-year permit to place armor rock adjacent to existing trestle bents, tunnel islands and bridge piers on an as-needed basis to abate scour erosion caused by tidal currents adjacent to the Bay Bridge Tunnel. Specific plans and drawings must be submitted to the Commission for review and approval prior to any construction activities under this permit.
2C. NORTHAMPTON COUNTY, #98-0672, requests authorization to maintenance dredge by hydraulic method, approximately 4,000 cubic yards of State-owned subaqueous material with upland disposal to provide a channel approximately 60 feet in width, with maximum depths of minus six (-6) feet at mean low water in order to re-establish navigational access from the County's Willis Wharf marina facility situated along Parting Creek in Northampton County.
2D. EXXON COMPANY, USA, #98-0959, requests authorization to replace and relocate existing concrete breasting dolphins, fender system and timber catwalks and to install two (2) new concrete mooring dolphins (8-foot by 8-foot) and two (2) 40-foot long timber catwalks adjacent to their commercial facility situated on the Southern Branch of the Elizabeth River in the City of Chesapeake. Recommend a royalty of $368.00 for the encroachment over 368 square feet of State-owned subaqueous land at a rate of $1.00 per square foot.
2E. COLONNA'S SHIPYARD, #98-0550, requests authorization to maintenance dredge, by clamshell method, approximately 20,000 cubic yards of State-owned subaqueous bottom in their drydock #1 area, slip #5, and marine railway #14 to restore varying maximum depths of -11 feet at mean low water to -55 feet at mean low water adjacent to their commercial facility situated on the Eastern Branch of the Elizabeth River in the City of Norfolk. All dredge spoil shall be transported to Craney Island for disposal.
2F. YORK COUNTY DEPARTMENT OF GENERAL SERVICES, #98-0272, requests authorization to install one (1) 120-foot breakwater and one (1) 130-foot long breakwater and fill 69,900 square feet of State-owned subaqueous land with 9,500 cubic yards of sand as beach nourishment adjacent to their property situated along the Yorktown waterfront in York County.