** APPROVAL OF AGENDA.
1. MINUTES of previous meeting.
2. PERMITS (Projects over $50,000 with no
objections and with staff recommendation for approval.)
3. CLOSED MEETING FOR CONSULTATION WITH OR BRIEFING BY COUNSEL.
4. HERON COVE VILLAS HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION, #05-2955, requests authorization to remove a 474-foot long by 8-foot wide pier with 31 wetslips and to construct a 700-foot long by 8-foot wide pier with 42 wetslips adjacent to their property situated along Wilton Creek in Middlesex County. The project is protested by nearby property owners.
5. VIRGINIA INSTITUTE OF MARINE SCIENCE, requests authorization to renew for another five (5) years 507.90 acres in South Bay that was set-aside for seagrass restoration by the Commission at their August 28, 2001, meeting.
6. VIRGINIA INSTITUTE OF MARINE SCIENCE, requests authorization to set-aside 366.36 more acres of unassigned state bottom adjacent to the existing set-aside area in South Bay, west of Wreck Island in Northampton County for five years. The area will be used for seagrass restoration.
7. PUBLIC COMMENTS
8. SAV UPDATE: Update on scarring of SAV areas and status of eelgrass beds
9. REQUEST FOR PUBLIC HEARING: Request to exempt licensed pound net fishermen, located in the National Marine Fisheries Service Modified Pound Net Leader Area, from requirements to fish their pound nets or establish a complete system of nets and poles, in order to renew their licenses or maintain their priority rights to such locations in 2007.
10. REQUEST FOR PUBLIC HEARING: Request for amendments to Regulation 4 VAC 20-1090-10 et seq.,"Pertaining to Licensing Requirements and License Fees."
11. REQUEST FOR PUBLIC HEARING: Request for amendments to Regulation 4 VAC 20-610-10 et seq.,"Pertaining to Commercial Fishing and Mandatory Harvest Reporting."
12. REQUEST FOR PUBLIC HEARING: Request for public hearing to amend 4 VAC 20-720-10, et. seq., “Pertaining to Restrictions on Oyster Harvest,” for the 2006-2007 Public Oyster Harvest Season.
13. FAILURE TO REPORT HARVEST in accordance with 4 VAC 20-610-10 et seq.
14. REPEAT OFFENDER: Charles Forrest
FISHERY MANAGEMENT ITEMS WILL IMMEDIATELY FOLLOW THE HABITAT MANAGEMENT PROJECTS ON THIS AGENDA.