1. MINUTES of previous meeting.
over $500,000 with no objections and with staff recommendation for approval).
4. CLOSED MEETING FOR CONSULTATION WITH, OR BRIEFING BY COUNSEL.
5. DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY, #13-0837, requests authorization to impact 500 square feet of State-owned
submerged land and 500 square feet of non-vegetated wetlands as a result of the installation of 100 linear feet of riprap
revetment extending a maximum of ten feet channelward of mean low water adjacent to Building 252 and
Wharf 1 at St. Juliens Creek Annex situated along the Southern Branch of the Elizabeth River in Chesapeake. The project requires a
Subaqueous and Wetlands permit.
6. MATHEWS LAND CONSERVANCY, #12-1539. Appeal by 40 freeholders of the Mathews County Wetlands Board decision to approve the installation of a rowing and sailing center on pilings extending over intertidal wetlands along the East River at 1039 Williams Wharf Road.
7. FIRST SIMPLE CHURCH, #13-0625, requests authorization to install a 5-foot wide by 77-foot long church community pier extending a maximum of 67 feet channelward of mean low water with a 14-foot by 6-foot L-head and two (2) sets of 4-foot wide stairs adjacent to property situated along the Chickahominy River at 16401 Chickahominy Bluff Road in Charles City County. The project is protested by six nearby property owners.
8. MARK THOMPSON, #13-0258. Appeal of the Mathews County Wetlands Board decision to deny an 8-foot wide boat ramp and associated scour protection along Milford Haven at 520 Old Ferry Road.
9. WILLIAM K. CARR, #2013-026 and NOAH C. CARR, JR., #2013-075, request authorization to lease oyster planting grounds of up to 250.00 acres and 25.00 acres respectively within the James River near Huntington Park upstream of the James River Bridge in the City of Newport News.
Application #2013-026 is protested by Richard Green, an adjacent leaseholder, and application #2013-075 is protested by numerous parties (by signed petition).
10. PUBLIC COMMENTS:
11. FAILURE TO REPORT: Cases involving failure to report commercial harvests, in accordance with Chapter 4VAC20-610-10 et seq., “Pertaining to Commercial Fishing and Mandatory Harvest Reporting.”
12. PUBLIC HEARING: (1) Proposed amendments to Chapter 4VAC20-720-10 et seq., "Pertaining to Restrictions on Oyster Harvest," to establish the 2013-2014 public areas harvest seasons and (2) proposed amendments to Chapter 4VAC20-260-10 et seq., "Pertaining to Designation of Seed and Clean Cull Areas," to modify oyster culling procedures.”
13. DISCUSSION: Recommendations From the Law Enforcement Subcommittee Involving The Schedule for Revocation of Licenses, as Authorized by Section 28.2-232 of the Code of Virginia.
14. DISCUSSION: Proposed recommendations for the 2013 - 2014 commercial blue crab fishery, to include a Commission decision on a staff proposal to establish a limited winter crab dredge fishery season.
15. REQUEST FOR PUBLIC HEARING: Proposed amendments to Chapter 4VAC20-960-10, “Pertaining to Black Sea Bass,” to allow for the culture of black sea bass by permitted aquaculture facilities.
16. SETTING DATE OF NOVEMBER/DECEMBER COMMISSION MEETING.
PAGE 2 ITEMS (Projects over $500,000 with no objections and with staff recommendation for approval).
2A. DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY, #13-0982,
requests authorization to directionally drill two (2) 34.5 KV submarine power distribution cables beneath a 2,310-foot section of Little Creek Cove within Joint Expeditionary Base Little Creek in Virginia Beach.
There will be no direct impacts to the waterway in this effort to upgrade the Base’s electrical power distribution system.
PAGE 3 ITEMS
VMRC DOES NOT
DISCRIMINATE AGAINST INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES; THEREFORE, IF YOU ARE IN
NEED OF REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS DUE TO A DISABILITY, PLEASE ADVISE JANE
MCCROSKEY (757-247-2215) NO LATER THAN FIVE WORK DAYS PRIOR TO THE
MEETING DATE AND IDENTIFY YOUR NEEDS.
FISHERY MANAGEMENT ITEMS
WILL IMMEDIATELY FOLLOW THE HABITAT MANAGEMENT PROJECTS ON THIS AGENDA.