1. MINUTES of previous meeting.
over $500,000 with no objections and with staff recommendation for approval).
4. CLOSED MEETING FOR CONSULTATION WITH, OR BRIEFING BY COUNSEL.
5. ROBERT PY, #14-0439. Commission review on appeal by the applicant of the July 9, 2014, decision by the Norfolk Wetlands Board to deny his after-the-fact request to retain 80 linear feet of riprap revetment, to install 115 linear feet of concrete retaining wall, and restore vegetated wetlands adjacent to his property at 461 Peace Haven Drive situated along the Eastern Branch of the Elizabeth River in Norfolk.
6. MICHAEL and LINDA BRADLEY, #14-0450, request authorization to construct a 17-foot by 28-foot open-sided boathouse adjacent to an existing private, noncommercial pier situated along the York River at 5436 York Haven Lane in Gloucester County. The project is protested by an adjoining property owner.
7. THOMAS PERRY, #14-0491, requests authorization to deploy multiple lines of commercial oyster aquaculture floats, anchored to the bottom over 25 acres of Chesapeake Bay, approximately one-half mile north of Windmill Point in Lancaster County. The project is protested by a nearby riparian landowner.
8. LOUIS W. STONE, #11-0617. Commission consideration of a permit violation associated with a dredging project in an unnamed clove of Wilton Creek, adjacent to property at 61 Churchill Road in Middlesex County, including the role of the contractor, Haywood Marine Construction.
9. DONALD C. PORTER, SR., #12-087S, requests authorization to lease 6.60 acres of Oyster Planting Ground situated near the State line in Pocomoke Sound, Accomack County. The application is protested.
10. DONALD C. PORTER, SR., #13-104S, requests authorization to lease 84.89 acres of Oyster Planting Ground situated in Pocomoke Sound near North End Point in Accomack County. The application is protested.
11. HARVEY A. DREWER, II, #13-027S, requests authorization to lease 145.49 acres and 3.26 acres of Oyster Planting Ground situated in the Robin Hood Bay area of Pocomoke Sound, Accomack County. The application is protested.
12. LEONARD WILLIAMS WHITE, #13-102S, requests authorization to lease 96.80 acres of Oyster Planting Ground situated adjacent to Public Ground #9 in Pocomoke Sound, Accomack County. The application is protested.
13. ADRON W. WILLIAMS, #13-114S, requests authorization to lease 124.58 acres of Oyster Planting Ground situated west of Long Point in Pocomoke Sound, Accomack County. The application is protested.
14. PUBLIC COMMENT:
15. UNLAWFUL TAKING OF OYSTERS OFFENDERS.
16. FAILURE TO REPORT: Cases involving failure to report commercial harvests, in accordance with Chapter 4VAC20-610-10 et seq., “Pertaining to Commercial Fishing and Mandatory Harvest Reporting.”
17. PUBLIC HEARING: Amendments to Chapter 4 VAC 20-70-10 et seq., “Pertaining to the Harvesting of Clams” and 4 VAC 20-1090-10 et seq., “Pertaining to Licensing Requirements and License Fees” to establish a gear license and limitations for use of hand held water vacuums, or water rakes, for the harvesting of cultured hard clams on leased ground.
18. PUBLIC HEARING: Amendments to Chapter 4 VAC 20-751-10 et seq., “Pertaining to the Setting and Mesh Size of Gill Nets” to limit the amount of gill nets, set by any individual harvester, east and north of Chincoteague Inlet; modify tending requirements and provide a definition for small mesh gill nets.
19. PUBLIC HEARING: Amendments to Chapter 4 VAC 20-950-10 et seq., “Pertaining to Black Sea Bass” to extend the overall 2014 recreational season, by three days, in September.
20. PUBLIC HEARING: (1) Amendments to Chapter 4 VAC 20-720-10 et seq., “Pertaining to Restrictions on Oyster Harvest,” to establish the 2014-2015 public oyster harvest seasons and a management control date; (2) amendments to Chapter 4 VAC 20-260-10 et seq., “Pertaining to Designation of Seed and Clean Cull Areas,” to modify oyster culling procedures; (3) amendments to Chapter 4 VAC 20-1230-10 et seq., “Pertaining to Restrictions on Shellfish,” to require Shellfish Harvest Safety Certification of all shellfish harvesters by 2015; and, (4) amendments to Chapter 4 VAC 20-610-10 et seq., “Pertaining to Commercial Fishing and Mandatory Harvest Reporting,” to require each individual harvester to report his harvest of public oysters separately.
21. DISCUSSION: Proposed amendment to Chapter 4 VAC 20-490-10 et seq., “Pertaining to Sharks” to raise Spiny dogfish trip limits; modify the definition of small mesh gill nets and large mesh gill nets; and amend shark finning regulations.
22. SETTING DATE OF NOVEMBER/DECEMBER COMMISSION MEETING FOR DECEMBER 9.
2A. DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY, #14-0415, requests authorization to construct a
223 linear foot timber pile breakwater to protect an open-pile boat ramp and floating tending pier situated along Willoughby Bay at Naval Station Norfolk in Norfolk.
2B. CHESAPEAKE DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC WORKS, #11-0012, requests authorization to modify an existing permit associated with the construction of new north and southbound fixed-span bridges along the Dominion Boulevard (U.S. Route 17) crossing over the Southern Branch of the Elizabeth River in Chesapeake. The modification request includes the installation of temporary cofferdams, two around each of the new river piers 13SB and 14SB associated with the southbound bridge, and two around each of the original abutments to be demolished, and the installation of two temporary falsework towers. Adherence to original permit conditions remain in effect.
2C. DEPARTMENT OF THE ARMY, #13-1912, requests authorization to modify an existing permit to include the installation of 104 feet of replacement steel sheetpile bulkheading, encroaching a maximum of 2 feet channelward of the deteriorating structure, at Fort Belvoir and adjacent to Gunston Cove off Wilson Road in Fairfax County.
NOT DISCRIMINATE AGAINST INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES; THEREFORE, IF YOU ARE IN
NEED OF REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS DUE TO A DISABILITY, PLEASE ADVISE JANE
MCCROSKEY (757-247-2215) NO LATER THAN FIVE WORK DAYS PRIOR TO THE MEETING DATE
AND IDENTIFY YOUR NEEDS.
FISHERY MANAGEMENT ITEMS WILL IMMEDIATELY FOLLOW THE HABITAT MANAGEMENT PROJECTS ON THIS AGENDA.