1. MINUTES of previous meeting.
** APPROVAL OF MINUTES.
2. PERMITS (Projects over
noobjections and with staff recommendation for approval.)
3. CLOSED SESSION.
4. WICOMICO PINES HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION, #03-1481. Commission review on appeal by the Wicomico Pines Homeowners Association of the August 7, 2003, decision by the Northumberland County Wetlands Board to deny a permit to construct a 25-foot wide by 50-foot long gravel boat ramp adjacent to property situated along the Little Wicomico River in Northumberland County.
5. DANIEL R. NEWTON, #03-1389. Commission review of the July 24, 2003 decision of the Accomack County Wetlands Board to approve the filling of 6,000 square feet of vegetated wetlands along Chesconessex Creek in the Schooner Bay area of Accomack County.
6. VIRGINIA DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION, #02-0950, requests authorization to replace the existing bridges over Black Narrows and Chincoteague Channels with a single 5,819-foot long, low-level bridge and bascule span structure on a new alignment beginning at the western side of Black Narrows Channel and terminating at Maddox Boulevard on Chincoteague Island in Accomack County. The new bridge structure will include a 751-foot long connector road to Marsh Island. The proposed bridge alignment is protested by many residents of Chincoteague and Marsh Island.
7. RICHMOND METROPOLITAN AUTHORITY, #02-1025, requests authorization to relocate 383 linear feet of stream channel and extend an existing box culvert an additional 83 linear feet within Powhite Creek as part of a proposed widening of Powhite Parkway in the City of Richmond. The project is protested by two adjoining property owners.
8. PUBLIC COMMENTS
9. PUBLIC HEARING: proposed amendments to regulation 620 to establish trip limits and opening date for the fall season commercial flounder fishery.
10. PUBLIC HEARING: proposed amendments to Regulation 650 and 720 to establish the 2003/04 oyster harvest rules.
11. PUBLIC HEARING: proposed amendments to Regulation 950 to establish provisions for the 2004 commercial black sea bass fishery.
12. Discussion: the 2003/04 Spiny Dogfish fishery; request to lower quota and adjust trip limits. Request for public hearing.
13. Recommendations of the Recreational Fishing Advisory Board.
PAGE 2 ITEMS (Projects over $50,000 with no objections and with staff recommendation for approval)
2A. VAUGHN & JACKSON, LLC, #03-0894, request authorization to construct a roadway crossing consisting of three (3) 38-foot long culverts, fill and paving over 40 linear feet of Back Creek in Roanoke County. Recommend a royalty in the amount of $760.00 for the encroachment over 1,520 square feet of State-owned subaqueous bottom at a rate of $0.50 per square foot.
2B. CYPRESS COVE VILLAS ASSOC., INC., #03-1578, requests authorization to install 1,100 linear feet of bulkhead aligned a maximum of two (2) feet channelward of the existing deteriorated bulkhead adjacent to their property situated along Lily Creek in the City of Portsmouth. Recommend a royalty of $2,200.00 for the filling of 2,200 square feet at a rate of $1.00 per square foot.
2C. RICHARD BARRY, III, #03-1577, requests authorization to construct approximately 700 linear feet of breakwater and sill stone structures; install marsh toe stabilization; and place up to 21,000 cubic yards of beach nourishment with appropriate dune vegetation plantings at and adjacent to his property situated along the James River in the City of Suffolk. Recommend a royalty of $1,050.00 for the beach nourishment encorachment over 21,000 square feet at a rate of $0.05 per square foot.
2D. SEA SEA AND COMPANY, ET AL, #01-0471, requests a modification to their previously issued permit to allow for the construction of 230 linear feet of open-pile marginal wharf from Mamie Davis Park to the channelward end of an existing rock jetty to provide four wet slips for transient boat dockage and a pedestrian boardwalk in Phase I of the Town of Occoquan's Riverfront Access Project.
2E. NAVY PUBLIC WORKS CENTER, #03-1658, requests authorization to construct 26 finger piers along Pier 7 to create wet slips for recreational use at their property situated within Little Creek Cove at Naval Amphibious Base, Little Creek in Virginia Beach.
2F. HAMPTON YACHT CLUB, #03-1602, requests authorization to dredge 2,700 cubic yards of maintenance material and 100 cubic yards of new material from a basin approximately 350-foot wide by 550-foot long and to maximum depths of minus eight (8) feet below mean low water, to install and backfill 344 linear feet of bulkhead aligned no more than two feet in front of an existing deteriorated bulkhead, and install four (4) six-foot wide main piers, a total of 52 small finger piers and seven (7) large finger piers adjacent to their property situated along the Hampton River in Hampton. All dredged material will be transported to and placed within the Craney Island disposal facility. Recommend royalties of $45.00 for new dredging at a rate of $0.45 per cubic yard, $1,376.00 for the fill of 688 square feet of State-owned submerged lands at a rate of $2.00 per square foot, and an annual royalty $746.95 for the encroachment over 14,939 square feet of state-owned submerged lands at a rate of $0.05 per square foot.
FISHERY AGENDA ITEMS WILL BE CONSIDERED BY THE COMMISSION AT APPROXIMATELY 12:00 NOON AND WILL BE FOLLOWED WITH THE REMAINDER OF THE HABITAT PERMIT CASES.
VMRC DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE AGAINST INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES; THEREFORE, IF YOU ARE IN NEED OF REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS DUE TO A DISABILITY, PLEASE CALL (757) 247-2200 NO LATER THAN FIVE WORK DAYS PRIOR TO THE MEETING DATE AND IDENTIFY YOUR NEEDS.