1. MINUTES of previous meeting.
** APPROVAL of the agenda.
2. PERMITS (Projects over $50,000 with no objections and with staff recommendation for approval).
3. EXECUTIVE SESSION - legal matters.
4. DISCUSSION of staff briefing papers - Mr. Hull.
5. RANDOLPH CLOYD, #97-1823, requests authorization to construct a 30-foot long by 12-foot wide private, non-commercial, open-sided boathouse adjacent to his property situated along Queens Creek in York County. The project is protested by an adjacent property owner and residents in the vicinity. This application has been remanded back to the Commission by the Circuit Court of York County.
6. ROBERT PAYNE, #98-0203, requests authorization to construct a 123-foot long by 5-foot wide commercial pier with a 28-foot long by 5-foot wide L-head adjacent to his property at the Gwynn's Island Boatel situated along Milford Haven in Mathews County. The project is protested by adjacent property owners and four residents in the vicinity.
7. LANCASTER COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS, #98-1117, requests authorization to construct a 450-foot long open-pile public fishing pier with a 71-foot T-head into the Rappahannock River at Westland Beach near Windmill Point in Lancaster County. The project is protested by numerous area residents and a commercial fisherman whose pound net is located adjacent to the proposed pier.
8. MR. AND MRS. ROLAND BAMBACUS, #98-1447, request authorization to construct a 12-foot by 24-foot private, noncommercial boathouse at the channelward end of a 90-foot pier adjacent to their property situated along Parrotts Creek in Middlesex County. The project is protested by an adjacent property owner.
9. B. W. HUDGINS, #98-1044, requests authorization to construct a 60-foot long timber groin adjacent to his property situated along the Piankatank River in Mathews County. Staff is recommending permit modification to include a spur and nourishment.
September 22, 1998
10. STERLING L. BOWLES, III, #98-0250, requests authorization to construct a 6-foot wide by 68-foot long open-pile timber commercial pier and six (6) associated mooring piles adjacent to an existing commercial boathouse situated along Cockrell Creek in Northumberland County. The project is protested by an adjacent property owner.
11. MR. AND MRS. WAYNE BRISTOW, #98-1369, requests authorization to install 200 linear feet of riprap along the shoreline at their property situated along the Mattaponi River in King and Queen County. Wetlands permit required.
12. BURRELLS MARINA, #98-0970, requests authorization to dredge 5,000 cubic yards of subaqueous material to provide maximum allowable project depths of minus five and one-half (-5.5) feet at mean low water with a tolerance of plus/minus six ("6) inches in the vicinity of their existing marina located along a cove of Robinson Creek in Middlesex County. The project is protested by a nearby property owner.
13. TIME OF COMMISSION MEETING: Discussion and action.
14. PUBLIC HEARING: Proposed regulations for the upcoming Public Oyster Harvest Season, 1998-1999.
15. PUBLIC HEARING: Consideration of proposed regulations concerning nonresident charterboat license fees and limiting charterboat license sales.
16. DISCUSSION: Request for public hearing to consider adjustments to the procedures for forfeiture of catch when violating the summer flounder regulation.
September 22, 1998
17. REPORT of the Crab Dredge Exception Review Board.
18. DISCUSSION: Establishment of a 450-foot no fishing zone adjacent to pound nets and stake gill nets.
19. PUBLIC COMMENTS.
VMRC DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE AGAINST INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES; THEREFORE, IF YOU ARE IN NEED OF REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS DUE TO A DISABILITY, PLEASE ADVISE LAVERNE LEWIS (757) 247-2261 NO LATER THAN FIVE WORK DAYS PRIOR TO THE MEETING DATE AND IDENTIFY YOUR NEEDS.
FISHERY AGENDA ITEMS WILL BE CONSIDERED BY THE COMMISSION AT APPROXIMATELY 12:00 NOON AND WILL BE FOLLOWED WITH THE REMAINDER OF THE HABITAT PERMIT CASES.
September 22, 1998
2A. HANOVER COUNTY DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC UTILITIES, #98-0442, requests authorization to install a 16-inch ductile iron water main under Falling Creek and the South Anna River adjacent to Washington Highway in Hanover County. Recommend standard instream work conditions and a time-of-year restriction which would preclude instream work between March 15 and June 30 to prevent impacts to anadromous fish.
2B. MR. AND MRS. ARTHUR B. SANDLER, #98-0698, request authorization to mechanically dredge 2,850 cubic yards of State-owned subaqueous bottom material to provide 1,050 linear feet of navigable channel possessing maximum allowable project depths of minus five (-5) feet at mean low water with a tolerance of plus/minus six (" 6) inches at their property situated along the Eastern Branch of the Lynnhaven River in Virginia Beach. All dredged material will be truck hauled to the City of Virginia Beach's upland disposal site identified as the Wolfsnare Borrow Pit B. Recommend approval with our standard dredge conditions and a royalty in the amount of $1,282.50 for the dredging of 2,850 cubic yards of new material at a rate of $0.45 per cubic yard. Additionally, no dredging shall be permitted during the months of March through November to protect shellfish spawning periods and juvenile summer flounder recruitment.
2C. WYTHE COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS, #98-1194, requests authorization to install three (3) 18-inch raw water intake pipes which will extend 70 feet into the New River to reduce siltation at the Austinville pump station in Wythe County. Recommend approval with the inclusion of standard instream work conditions for the construction activity. [No royalty - political subdivision]
2D. R. W. DANVILLE, L.L.C., #98-1330, requests authorization to construct 290 linear feet of riprap revetment adjacent to the Danville Plaza located along the Sandy River near the intersection of Central Boulevard and Riverside Drive in the City of Danville. Recommend approval with a condition requiring the implementation of strict erosion and sediment control practices.