1. MINUTES of previous meeting.
** APPROVAL OF AGENDA
2. PERMITS (Projects over $50,000 with no objections and with staff recommendation for approval).
3. MR. AND MRS. DEVON FAIRHURST, #98-1078. Reconsideration of the Fairhursts' after-the-fact application to retain a dockhouse built atop the private, non-commercial pier at their property situated along Parkers Creek, a tributary to Onancock Creek. The Circuit Court of Accomack County remanded and set aside the Commission?s October 26, 1999, decision to deny the after-the-fact request.
4. TROY LANE, #00-1871, requests after-the-fact authorization to retain a 48-foot long by 18-foot wide, open-sided, timber boathouse and construct a second 35-foot long by
16-foot wide, open-sided, private, noncommercial, timber boathouse addition adjacent to his property situated along Mill Creek in Northumberland County. The project is protested by an oyster ground leaseholder.
5. THOMAS A. DINGLEDINE, #01-1262, requests authorization to construct a 12' x 10' covered porch located 73 feet channelward of mean low water on an existing pier situated along Horn Harbor in Mathews County.
6. RICHARD HIXSON, #01-0782, requests authorization to rebuild an existing 10' x 30' building at his property located 20 feet channelward of mean low water situated along Horn Harbor in Mathews County.
7. ROBERT M. JONES, #01-0491, requests authorization to retain unauthorized fill placed on State-owned subaqueous bottomland; and to construct an 85-foot long stone breakwater at his property situated along the James River in Isle of Wight County.
8. CITY OF FRANKLIN, #01-1378, requests after-the-fact authorization to retain previously relocated aerial power lines within a VDOT easement over 173 linear feet of the Blackwater River in the City of Franklin and Isle of Wight County in association with a bridge relocation project.
9. REGULATION ADOPTION: Proposed Ballast Water Discharge Reporting Regulation
4 VAC 20-395-10 et seq.
10. PUBLIC COMMENTS:
12. ADOPTION of Draft Regulation 4VAC 20-70-10 et seq., "Pertaining to the Harvesting of Clams," in order to establish boundaries of SAV conservation areas, based on results of last months public hearing.
13. PUBLIC HEARING: Request of the Coastal Conservation Association of Virginia to lower the possession limits on cobia and spadefish.
14. PUBLIC HEARING: Proposed modifications to the commercial striped bass fishery and ITQ program, to address quota overages.
PAGE 2 ITEMS
2A. AQUIA HARBOUR PROPERTY OWNERS ASSOCIATION, #01-0836, requests authorization to perform 10,000 cubic yards of maintenance dredging to achieve maximum depths of minus six (-6) feet below mean low water in Austin Run and Aquia Creek, Reaches A and B, and maximum depths of minus five (-5) feet in Aquia Creek, Reach E, to access Aquia Harbour Marina in Stafford County.
2B. KINDER MORGAN/PLANTATION PIPELINE, #01-1528, requests authorization to install 70 linear feet of 12-inch diameter petroleum pipeline approximately 30 feet below the North Anna River and to install 80 linear feet of 12-inch diameter petroleum pipeline approximately 30 feet below the South Anna River, both installations using the directional drill method, within right-of-way easements in Hanover and Caroline Counties. Recommend a royalty of $150.00 for the crossing under 150 feet of State-owned subaqueous bottom at the rate of $1.00 per linear foot.
2C. HENRICO DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC UTILITIES, #01-1686, requests authorization to install, by directional drill method, 635 feet of 16-inch diameter water main under Tuckahoe Creek, a tributary to the James River, in Goochland and Henrico Counties.
2D. FEDERAL HIGHWAY ADMINISTRATION, #99-2108, requests modification of a previously issued permit to add additional breakwater structures and to install riprap impacting State-owned subaqueous bottomland at Mason Neck State Park and Mason Neck National Wildlife Refuge in Occoquan Bay, a tributary to the Potomac River in Fairfax County (part of the I-95 Woodrow Wilson Bridge project mitigation proposal).
2E. OCEAN MARINE, LLC, #99-1507, requests authorization to modify their existing permit to add a 100-foot long floating wave break at their facility situated along the Southern Branch of the Elizabeth River in Portsmouth.
2F. WAVERLY GAS PRODUCERS LLC, #01-1625, requests authorization to install 180 linear feet of 14-inch methane gas pipeline, by directional drill method, within
VDOT R/W, a minimum of five (5) feet below the existing bottom of Bailey Creek, a tributary to the James River in the City of Hopewell and the County of Prince George. Recommend a royalty of $180.00 for the crossing of 180 linear feet of State-owned subaqueous land at a rate of $1.00 per linear foot.