1. MINUTES of previous meeting.
** APPROVAL OF MINUTES.
2. PERMITS (Projects over
noobjections and with staff recommendation for approval.)
3. CLOSED SESSION.
4. DANIEL R. NEWTON, #03-1389. Commission review of the July 24, 2003, decision of the Accomack County Wetlands Board to approve the filling 6,000 square feet of vegetated wetlands along Chesconessex Creek in the Schooner Bay area of Accomack County. Continued from the October 28, 2003 Commission Meeting.
5. JACK KISE, #03-1859. Commission review of the October 1, 2003, decision of the Portsmouth Wetlands Board to approve work of unknown dimensions in wetlands on property situated along the Western Branch of the Elizabeth River in Portsmouth.
6. JAMES W. WYNE, ET AL, #03-1113, requests authorization to dredge 748 cubic yards of subaqueous material to create a 600-foot long by 33-foot wide channel with maximum depths of minus six (-6) feet at mean low water into Ewell's Prong of White House Creek in Lancaster County. The sandy material will be removed by clamshell and transported to a previously approved upland site off Route 354 in Bertrand. Two nearby residents protest the project.
7. ARMY CORPS OF ENGINEERS, #03-0623, requests authorization to hydraulically place approximately 25,000 cubic yards of sandy dredge material generated from the Queens Creek Federal Project Channel along the western and southern shorelines of Hills Bay, adjacent to Queens Creek in Mathews County. The project is protested by an adjoining property owner.
8. ARMY CORPS OF ENGINEERS, #02-0552, requests a modification of their previously issued permit to allow disposal of dredged materials at the Wolf Trap Overboard Placement Area located in the Chesapeake Bay in Mathews County through December 31st.
HOLDINGS, #03-1107, requests authorization to construct a
372-foot long by 8-foot wide open-pile pier with twelve (12) 10-foot
long by 3-foot wide finger piers, 56 associated mooring piles and a
16-foot by 20-foot deck area to create a 24-slip community facility
situated along Queen's Creek in York County. Recommend a royalty
of $3,656.00 for encroachment over of 3,656 square feet of State-owned
submerged lands at a rate of $1.00 per square foot.
10. JOAN T. KARTER, #03-1105, requests after-the-fact authorization to retain a 16-foot by 16-foot two-story dock house on a 22-foot by 22-foot open-pile platform situated adjacent to her property along Chincoteague Channel in the Town of Chincoteague, Accomack County.
11. PUBLIC COMMENTS
12. Striped Bass: request for public hearing to consider proposals for the 2004 season.
13. Recommendations of the Recreational Fishing Advisory Board.
PAGE 2 ITEMS (Projects over $50,000 with no objections and with staff recommendation for approval)
2A. COLONNA YACHTS, #98-2040, requests reactivation and extension of a previously authorized project to replace and backfill a 430-foot long section of a timber bulkhead with steel sheet-pile bulkheading, 205 feet of which may extend a maximum of two(2) feet channelward of the existing bulkhead and 225 feet of which may extend a maximum of three (3) feet channelward of the existing bulkhead, adjacent to the facility situated along the Eastern Branch of the Elizabeth River in Norfolk.
2B. VIRGINIA DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION, #03-1612, requests authorization to construct four-lane bridges over Thorofare Creek, the Pamunkey River, West Point Creek and the Mattaponi River adjacent to the existing Route 33 Bridges, to have 55 foot vertical clearance above the rivers; construct a temporary construction trestle; install two (2) mooring buoys in the Pamunkey River and one (1) mooring in the Mattaponi River in the Counties of New Kent, King William, King and Queen and the Town of West Point.
2C. VIRGINIA DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION, #00-0899, requests a three- year extension of their permit to construct the Route 164/Route 58 Pinner's Point Interchange project in the Western Branch of the Elizabeth River in Portsmouth. The access dredging is complete and the extension will allow the remainder of the 2,500-foot long by 120-foot wide extension of the West Norfolk Bridge to be completed. Recommend approval with a new expiration date of February 27, 2007 and with all terms and conditions of the original permit to remain in effect.
2D. SALEM STONE CORPORATION, #96-0236, requests a two-year extension of their permit to relocate 2,200 linear feet of Little Reed Island Creek adjacent to their quarry near High Rocks in Wythe County. Recommend approval with a new expiration date of January 5, 2006 and with all terms and conditions of the original permit to remain in effect.
FISHERY AGENDA ITEMS WILL BE CONSIDERED BY THE COMMISSION AT APPROXIMATELY 12:00 NOON AND WILL BE FOLLOWED WITH THE REMAINDER OF THE HABITAT PERMIT CASES.
VMRC DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE AGAINST INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES; THEREFORE, IF YOU ARE IN NEED OF REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS DUE TO A DISABILITY, PLEASE CALL (757) 247-2200 NO LATER THAN FIVE WORK DAYS PRIOR TO THE MEETING DATE AND IDENTIFY YOUR NEEDS.