1. MINUTES of previous meeting.
** APPROVAL OF AGENDA.
2. PERMITS (Projects over $50,000 with no
objections and with staff recommendation for approval.)
3. CLOSED SESSION
4. JANE M. BROWN, #04-2349, requests authorization for after-the-fact approval to retain a partially constructed and authorization to complete construction of a 34-foot by 82-foot two-story marina store/customer lounge/office/storage building; and after-the-fact approval of a 32-foot by 36-foot pier platform extension over State-owned subaqueous lands of Jones Creek, a tributary to the Pagan River at 10180 Browns Marina Road in Isle of Wight County.
5. GREG LEWIS, #04-1522, requests authorization to construct a 36-foot long by 16-foot wide (576 sq ft), private, non-commercial, open-sided boathouse adjacent to his property situated along the little Wicomico River in Northumberland. The project is protested by an adjacent property owner.
6. ROBERT A. ELAM, #05-0316, requests authorization to construct a 16-foot wide by 40-foot long, open-sided boathouse, onto an existing private, non-commercial pier, adjacent to their property situated along Nomini Creek in Westmoreland County. The project is protested by an adjacent property owner.
7. GREGORY GARRETT, #05-0450, requests authorization to construct a second 6-foot wide by 150-foot long private, non-commercial, open-pile pier, including 4-foot by 28-foot and 4-foot by 60-foot L-shaped finger piers to provide moorings for his personal vessels at his property situated along the York River in York County. In addition, the applicant proposes to install six (6) mooring piles in a protected cove behind the property with connection to the 'Sandbox.' The project is protested by an adjacent property owner.
8. PUBLIC COMMENTS
9. Public Hearing: Consideration of changes in commercial and recreational license and permit fees.
10. Public Hearing: Consideration of amendments to Regulation 4VAC20-270, "Pertaining to Crabbing", to allow those granted medical exceptions to the 8-hour work day to use mates who are licensed crabbers.
11. Public Hearing: Consideration of Proposed amendments to regulations 4VAC20-670 and 4VAC20-80 concerning the use of recreational cast nets, dip nets, and eel pots.
12. Requests for public hearing: a) modifications to the recreational striped bass regulations for the Fall 2005 fishery, b) changes to the commercial striped bass tagging program for 2006, c) additional measures to improve compliance with the commercial striped bass tag program, and d) modifications to gill net mesh size requirements to reduce the harvest of large striped bass.
13. Failure to Report Commercial Harvest; consideration of individual cases.
14. Request to extend the clam relay season from August 15 through September 30, 2005.
15. Request for exception to the limited entry criteria for the Black Drum Fishery.
VMRC DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE AGAINST INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES; THEREFORE, IF YOU ARE IN NEED OF REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS DUE TO A DISABILITY, PLEASE ADVISE KATHY LEONARD (757-247-2120) NO LATER THAN FIVE WORK DAYS PRIOR TO THE MEETING DATE AND IDENTIFY YOUR NEEDS.
FISHERY MANAGEMENT ITEMS WILL IMMEDIATELY FOLLOW THE HABITAT MANAGEMENT PROJECTS ON THIS AGENDA.