(The Agenda of the regular monthly Commission Meeting held on April 27, 1999, was not completed. The meeting was recessed until 9:30 a.m. Tuesday, May 4, 1999, to consider the Agenda items listed below).
12. OYSTER GROUND APPLICATION: Odis B. Cockrell and A. Jackson Booth have reached an agreement concerning the application that was heard in January 99, in the Great Wicomico River.
13. OYSTER GROUND APPLICATIONS:
Russell B. Davis Application 99-018 220.00 Acres
Russell Patton Davis Application 99-019 125.00 Acres
Eileen Boush Davis Application 99-020 220.00 Acres
Three applications from the same family, all located in the Pagan River, Isle of Wight County. Protested by the Town of Smithfield and several individuals.
14. OYSTER GROUND APPLICATION FOR REASSIGNMENT: Donald Fitchett has requested reinstatement of Lease Number 11552 for 31.70 acres of Oyster Planting Ground. The lease was not renewed in September 1998 because it had not been worked.
15. PUBLIC HEARING: To consider amending Regulation 4 VAC 20-720-20 et. seq., "Pertaining to Restrictions on Oyster Harvest." The proposed amendment will require that aquacultural operations on Seaside Eastern Shore obtain a harvest permit, and with this permit be exempt from all other regulations pertaining to wild oyster stock.
16. PUBLIC HEARING: Consideration of increasing the elver harvest quota of Anguilla Culture Technology, Inc. from 1300 pounds to 2000 pounds.
17. PUBLIC HEARING: Consideration of amendments to Regulation 4 VAC 20-900-10 et. seq., "Pertaining to Horseshoe Crabs" to prohibit the harvest of horseshoe crabs by dredge from May 1 to June 7 and to consider several habitat restoration measures.
18. PUBLIC HEARING: Consideration of amendments to Regulation 4 VAC 20-430-10 et seq., "Pertaining to the Marking and Minimum Mesh Size of Gill Nets," to exempt the river herring fishery from the 2 7/8 inch minimum gill net mesh size requirement and establish a 2 inch minimum mesh for that fishery.
May 4, 1999
19. DISCUSSION: Request for public hearing pertaining to amendments to Regulation 4 VAC 20-80-10 et seq., "Pertaining to the Setting of Fishing Devices Proximate to the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel. The amendments are needed to address fishing adjacent to the new second span of the bridges.
20. PUBLIC COMMENTS.
VMRC DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE AGAINST INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES; THEREFORE, IF YOU ARE IN NEED OF REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS DUE TO A DISABILITY, PLEASE ADVISE LAVERNE LEWIS (757) 247-2261 NO LATER THAN FIVE WORK DAYS PRIOR TO THE MEETING DATE AND IDENTIFY YOUR NEEDS.