** APPROVAL OF AGENDA.
1. MINUTES of previous meeting.
2. PERMITS (Projects over $50,000 with no
objections and with staff recommendation for approval.)
3. CLOSED MEETING FOR CONSULTATION WITH OR BRIEFING BY COUNSEL.
4. EDWIN A. MORRIS, SR., ET AL, #05-2644, requests authorization to change the status of a private pier to a joint-use pier and to expand the pier to include a 70-foot by 6-foot extension, a 40-foot by 12-foot decked area and two 24-foot by 14-foot open-sided boathouses adjacent to property situated along the Poquoson River in York County. The project is protested by the adjacent property owner.
5. TANNERS LANDING ASSOCIATES, LLC, #05-0480. Formal Restoration Hearing concerning the unauthorized channel dredging and failure to comply with the special conditions contained within an unexecuted permit for their property situated along the Lafayette River in Norfolk.
6. HARBOUR VIEW LIMITED PARTNERSHIP, #00-0476. Formal Restoration Hearing concerning the construction of a 30.5-foot by 30.5 foot gazebo structure positioned channelward of mean low water adjacent to their riverfront park at the confluence of Knotts Creek and the Nansemond River in the City of Suffolk.
7. ROBERT DeFORD, #05-2355, requests authorization to construct an 8-foot wide by 325-foot long community pier including a 14-foot wide by 69-foot T-head, a 10-foot by 20-foot floating pier, and 3-foot wide finger piers to provide a maximum number of seven (7) slips with uncovered boat lifts to serve the residents of a new subdivision situated along the Eastern Branch of the Elizabeth River in Virginia Beach. The project is protested by the adjoining property owner.
8. MICHAEL P. SAWYER, #06-0061, requests authorization to construct a 14-foot by 40-foot concrete, private, noncommercial boat ramp extending approximately 28 feet channelward of an existing timber bulkhead adjacent to his property situated along Hudgins Creek, a tributary of Stutts Creek in Mathews County. The project is protested by the adjoining property owners.
9. BAYMARK CONSTRUCTION CORPORATION, #05-2610, requests authorization to construct a 1,375-foot long by 10-foot wide open-pile, concrete fishing pier with a 116-foot long by 30-foot wide modified T-head and a 30-foot wide octagonal covered shelter and two (2) floating docks for water taxis and boat rentals at their property situated along the Chesapeake Bay in the Town of Cape Charles. The project is protested by a nearby licensed pound netter and the Arlington Plantation Home Owners Association.
10. DON WHITCOMB, #05-1409, requests authorization to construct an 8-foot wide by 30-foot long boat ramp extending approximately 17 feet channelward of mean low water, adjacent to his property situated along Glebe Creek in Westmoreland County. The project is protested by both adjacent property owners.
11. FARMINGTON FARMS HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION, #05-2964, requests authorization to construct a 12' wide by 40' long concrete boat ramp and a 6' wide by 40' long open-pile tending pier at property situated along the Pamunkey River in Hanover County. Wetlands and subaqueous permits are required.
12. ANDREW EDMUNDS, #06-0670, requests authorization to construct 373 linear feet of riprap revetment adjacent to his property situated along the James River immediately upstream of Osborne Park in Henrico County. A wetlands permit is required.
13. DISCUSSION: Commission approval of the mandate assessment conducted pursuant to §§2.2-613 and 15.2-2903(6) of the Code of Virginia and Executive Memorandum 1-98. The two mandates involved are the:
- Wetlands Zoning Ordinance in Tidewater SNR.MRC001
- Coastal Primary Sand Dune Zoning Ordinance SNR.MRC002
14. PUBLIC COMMENTS
15. PUBLIC HEARING: Consideration of Ernest L. George’s proposed placement of a pound net in the Rappahannock River. The proposal was protested during the 30-day comment period.
16. PUBLIC HEARING: Consideration of amendments to Regulation 4VAC20-450, “Pertaining to the Taking of Bluefish”
17. REQUEST FOR PUBLIC HEARING: Request for a short-term exemption to the slot limit and season requirements of Regulation 4VAC20-252, “Pertaining to Striped Bass” for recreational fishing tournaments.
18. REQUEST FOR PUBLIC HEARING: To consider amendments to Regulation 4VAC20-150 and Regulation 4VAC20-900 et seq., concerning the harvest of horseshoe crabs by dredge and revisions to harvest and landing provisions for horseshoe crabs, respectively.
19. RECOMMENDATIONS OF THE RECREATIONAL FISHING ADVISORY BOARD.
FISHERY MANAGEMENT ITEMS WILL IMMEDIATELY FOLLOW THE HABITAT MANAGEMENT PROJECTS ON THIS AGENDA.