1. MINUTES of previous meeting.
** APPROVAL OF AGENDA.
2. PERMITS (Projects over
$50,000 with no objections and with staff recommendation for approval.)
3. CLOSED MEETING FOR CONSULTATION WITH OR BRIEFING BY COUNSEL.
4. STEVE WHITE, #05-1558. Commission review of the September 19, 2005, decision of the Westmoreland County Wetlands Board to approve the installation of 147 linear feet of timber bulkhead, including return walls, no more than two feet channelward of an existing deteriorated bulkhead; the installation of 132 linear feet of riprap revetment; and the installation of 125 linear feet of marsh toe stabilization, adjacent to his property situated along Nomini Creek in Westmoreland County.
5. PORTOBAGO BAY HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION, #05-1546, requests authorization to install and backfill 120 linear feet of timber bulkhead with return wall, encroaching over tidal wetlands, adjacent to their community lot situated along Portobago Bay in Caroline County. Commission Wetlands Permit required.
6. JOE MCCLURE, #05-1679, requests after-the-fact authorization to retain a 12-foot by 12-foot shelter on a previously authorized private pier adjacent to property situated along Chisman Creek in York County.
7. DISCUSSION: Consideration of appropriate enforcement measures to compel compliance in the case of Charles S. Bedford Jr., VMRC #05-0717.
8. PUBLIC HEARING: Consideration of changes to the Commission's Subaqueous Guidelines.
9. DISCUSSION: Updating the Commission's Royalty Schedule. Request for Public Hearing.
10. SPECIAL PRESENTATION
11. PUBLIC COMMENTS
12. PUBLIC HEARING: Proposed amendments to Regulation 4VAC20-252, "Pertaining to Striped Bass".
13. PUBLIC HEARING: Proposed amendments to Regulation 4VAC20-650, "Pertaining to the Establishment of Oyster Management Areas", to define the boundaries of the Wreck Shoal-James River Oyster Management Area.
14. PUBLIC HEARING: Proposed amendments to Regulation 4VAC20-950, "Pertaining to Black Sea Bass".
15. PUBLIC HEARING: Virginia Seafood Council requests the Commission deploy 10,000 triploid (sterile) Crassostrea ariakensis oysters on state-owned bottomlands in the Piankatank river.
16. REQUEST FOR PUBLIC HEARING: Amendments to Regulation 4VAC20-490, "Pertaining to Sharks".
VMRC DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE AGAINST INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES; THEREFORE, IF YOU ARE IN NEED OF REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS DUE TO A DISABILITY, PLEASE ADVISE KATHY LEONARD (757-247-2120) NO LATER THAN FIVE WORK DAYS PRIOR TO THE MEETING DATE AND IDENTIFY YOUR NEEDS.
FISHERY MANAGEMENT ITEMS WILL IMMEDIATELY FOLLOW THE HABITAT MANAGEMENT PROJECTS ON THIS AGENDA.