1. MINUTES of previous meeting.
** APPROVAL OF AGENDA
2. PERMITS (Projects over $50,000 with no objections and with staff recommendation for approval).
3. EXECUTIVE SESSION (if necessary).
4. SHOW CAUSE HEARING to determine Mr. Roger McKinley's degree of responsibility as an agent and contractor for Mr. Willie E. Bush (#99-0340), pertaining to permit violations associated with a previously authorized dredging project adjacent to Old House Cove, a tidal tributary to Dividing Creek in Northumberland County. Continued from October 26, 1999, meeting.
5. SOUTHERN STATES COOPERATIVE, INC., #98-1644. Show cause hearing related to violation of a Commission-imposed permit condition, associated with the authorized installation of two (2) mooring dolphins, which prohibits side-to-side mooring of loaded grain barges for more than 24 hours adjacent to the Southern States facility on Indian Creek in the Town of Kilmarnock in Lancaster County.
6. EDWARD G. HART #99-1329, requests authorization to construct a 186-foot timber bulkhead adjacent to his property situated along the Mattaponi River in King and Queen County. A wetlands permit is required.
7. WILLIAM E. JONES #99-1719, requests authorization to install 218 linear feet of riprap revetment adjacent to his property situated along the Mattaponi River in King and Queen County. A wetlands permit is required.
8. BARNEY McLAUGHLIN, #99-1094, requests authorization to construct a joint-use, noncommercial, open-pile pier extending 50 feet channelward with a 16-foot by 40-foot floating platform, two 5-foot by 35-foot tending piers, eight mooring piles for two boat lifts, two 800 square foot, open-sided, covered boat houses and a 15-foot by 80-foot joint-use boat ramp extending 50 linear feet channelward of mean low water adjacent to his property situated along the Appomattox River in Chesterfield County. The project is protested by adjacent property owners. A wetlands permit is required.
9. DISCUSSION: Commission consideration and policy guidance regarding the removal and transplantation of submerged aquatic vegetation (SAV) from beds in Virginia's tidal waters to both in-state and out-of-state locations for mitigation of project impacts and/or as habitat enhancement.
November 16, 1999
10. DISCUSSION: Allowing for the use of interchangeable peeler and hard crab pots.
11. FAILURE to report commercial harvest, in accordance with Regulation 4 VAC 20-610-10 et. seq.
12. PUBLIC HEARING: Allowable options for achieving ASMFC striped bass requirements for fishing year 2000.
13. CONTINUED discussion of the blue crab proposals.
14. SUMMARY of the ASMFC annual meeting in Mystic, Connecticut.
15. DISCUSSION: Update on SAV sanctuaries, Dr. Bob Orth from VIMS.
16. PUBLIC COMMENTS.
VMRC DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE AGAINST INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES; THEREFORE, IF YOU ARE IN NEED OF REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS DUE TO A DISABILITY, PLEASE ADVISE LAVERNE LEWIS (757) 247-2261 NO LATER THAN FIVE WORK DAYS PRIOR TO THE MEETING DATE AND IDENTIFY YOUR NEEDS.
November 16, 1999
2A. RAWLEY SPRINGS, LC, #98-1457, requests authorization to construct a 40-foot long by 18-foot wide concrete bottomless box culvert road crossing over Gum Run in Rockingham County. Recommend a royalty of $360.00 for encroachment over 720 square feet of State-owned subaqueous bottom at a rate of $0.50 per square foot.
2B. COX COMMUNICATIONS, #99-1973, requests authorization to install, by directional bore method, a 276 linear foot CATV crossing under the Northwest River immediately upstream of the Route 168 bridge in the City of Chesapeake. Recommend a royalty of $276.00 for the encroachment under 276 linear feet of State-owned subaqueous land at a rate of $1.00 per linear foot.
2C. OCEAN MARINE, L.L.C., #99-1507, requests authorization to dredge by mechanical method 9,000 cubic yards of State-owned subaqueous bottom from the Southern Branch of the Elizabeth River and to widen by two (2) feet a 1,350 feet section of an existing concrete marginal wharf, to construct two (2) 75-foot long travel lift piers, a 210-foot syncrolift system, a 370-foot marginal wharf, three (3) commercial piers and a dockmasters station, creating 129 wetslips adjacent to their property situated upstream of Riverfront Park in the City of Portsmouth. Recommend royalties of $4,050.00 for the dredging of 9,000 cubic yards of State-owned subaqueous bottom at a rate of $0.45 per cubic yard, and $75.00 for the placement of nine (9) mooring dolphins at $1.00 per pile. Further recommend an annual royalty of $1,611.80 for the encroachment over 32,236 square feet of State-owned subaqueous bottom at a rate of $0.05 per square foot.
2D. JPM, INC., #96-1342, requests authorization to modify their previously issued permit to construct a 180-foot long bridge to include an increase in the width from 10 to 12 feet over Heartquake Creek in King and Queen County.