Constructed in October 2000, this square reef site is located 5.5 nautical miles SSW of the entrance to Cape Charles Harbor.
The reef includes a deployment of 36 Double-T beams, 60 ft. long stacked to form a waffle shaped grid two beams high, 28 concrete slabs, 187 tons of concrete sinkers, and 1000 tons of concrete block donated by Bayshore Concrete Products, Inc.
Ten Reef BallsTM were constructed by the Girl Scouts of America with materials donated by, and placed on the reef site by Sea Search of Virginia. The northwest corner has been reserved as an Eternal Reef site.
This reef was constructed as the result of the efforts by the Eastern Shore Chapter of the Coastal Conservation Association of Virginia, and was funded with Saltwater Fishing License revenue.
The reef is marked with a yellow "VMRC" buoy designated "CP".